Protect yourself against Internet fraud!
This is simple majority of the ads are posted by honest people (wishful thinking) and based all solely on trust. While user ratings are being implemented you should always use common sense when dealing with users on the internet.
- ALWAYS send via Goods and Services on PayPal, a few more cents on your end can save you time and aggravation.
- If it sounds too good to be true, it most probably is.
- Never send money or products abroad.
- Do not accept checks. (Unless it's a Cashier's Check!)
- Ask about the person you're dealing with another confirming source name, address and telephone number. Until the validation process for identities is put in place.
- Keep copies of all correspondence (emails, ads, letters, etc.) and details of the person.
- Can't reiterate this enough, spend a few more dollars and send with as Good and Services.
Recognize attempted scam
- If it seems to be too good to be true. Then it 99.99% of the time is.